Friday, September 25, 2009

He won't let you fall

When I was a little girl, I loved to climb things: ladders, trees, haystacks. . . .

Seeing how high I could go and looking at the view from above was exhilarating, but getting back down was another story. Climbing down is much scarier than climbing up!

Sometimes I would reach my lofty destination and then freeze, unable to get back down. At times like that, I would start calling for my dad.

I remember my two older brothers yelling up at me, attempting to coax me down. They would try to shame me for being a scaredy-cat, but I stubbornly insisted they “GO GET DAD!” I knew if I just waited, my dad would come and rescue me.

Once Dad got there, he could talk me down one step at a time, and I would jump into his outstretched arms.

I trusted him not to let me fall.

It seems everyone’s frightened by something (or many things). If you watch the news, you’ll find there’s just so much to be scared about. You can be afraid of the swine flu, food poisoning, mold, parasites, cancer, heart failure, terrorist attacks, car accidents, identity theft, losing a loved one, losing your job, losing your only set of car keys . . .

Am I scaring you?

This weekend is Father’s Day. I know not everyone has an earthly father who can help them through life’s scary situations, but remember your heavenly Father is always looking out for you. If you’ll have enough trust to jump into His big arms, He’ll never let you fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment