Thursday, December 11, 2008

Changes

During tough times I have always taken comfort in the knowledge that nothing stays the same; change is inevitable. No matter how bad things may get, if you just hang in there, the situation will eventually turn around. A person can withstand a lot knowing it’s only temporary.
However, the same principle applies during good times – nothing stays the same.

One of this year’s graduates is mine, and I’m looking at a change that I don’t necessarily want. It’s like I told my husband, “One day you have a house filled with four beautiful children, and you like those kids – you don’t want them to leave. But in no time at all, you’re sitting in a quiet house with all the kids off on their own. Well, excuse me if I don’t like it! I think the whole business of children growing up and leaving their parents is a very BAD idea.” (By this time the tears are flowing, and Hubby is laughing at my emotional outburst.)

What can I think about that will make this transition easier?

Isaiah 43:18–19 says, "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.”

Watching my children grow up has been an amazing adventure and beautiful blessing. I’m so thankful to be their mom. But God is the God of new beginnings, and as I continue to trust in Him I know He has more adventures and blessings in store for me. There will be college graduations, new careers, weddings, first homes, and best of all . . . grandbabies!

OK, maybe it is all right if they leave home!

Blessings,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment