Thursday, December 11, 2008

Giving Up to Get It All

Luke 4:18; The Spirit of the LORD is upon Me, Because He has anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed. . . .

Because of Jesus . . .
We were poor, but now we are rich.
We were brokenhearted, now we are healed.
We were prisoners, but we’ve been set free.
We were blind, but now we see.

Too many of us are not living and walking in the freedom Christ intended for us. Why?
You say, “I don’t feel rich; I feel financially, emotionally, spiritually bankrupt.”
You say, “I don’t feel healed; my body still aches with my disease; my heart hurts with the pain of life’s disappointments.”

You say, “I’m supposed to see things clearly? Then why am I so confused?”
You say, “I’ve been set free? Then why am I still struggling under the weight of this guilt, this addiction, all these regrets . . .?”

If you know what Jesus said he did for you, but you’re not experiencing it practically day-to-day, ask yourself if you’re truly letting Him heal and deliver you. Is it possible you’ve never really laid down your burdens at his feet and said, “Here, Lord, take them”?

Before laying down your burdens, try laying down your life. When you come to the end of yourself, and you know that you can do no good thing apart from Him; when you say, “Here’s my life, Lord, take it and do whatever you want with it”; when you bow at His feet and lift your hands in humble surrender, you will begin to understand what it means to be set free.

No comments:

Post a Comment